Speak Everywhere (SE), developed in the Center for Technology-Enhanced Language Learning in the School of Languages and Cultures at Purdue University, is an online oral practice/instruction/assessment platform for foreign language teaching. It dramatically increases your students' oral practice opportunities by making it possible to give speaking homework.
- Instructor prepares online oral exercises on SE
- Instructor assigns exercises to students
- Students access SE via internet and work on the exercises
- Instructor listens to students' oral submissions and grades them and gives feedback in audio/text
- Exercises can be used as oral tests (to be taken either in a computer lab or at home)
- Authoring requires no computer programming. If you can edit images and video clips, the rest is a matter of filling in online forms.